Shilin Stone Forest Black Ants (Wild-Harvested)
RAW Black Ants Blended With Black Ant Extract
Long revered in the classics and anointed as “The King of Herbs” in the Ben Cao Gang Mu, Black Ants offer a profound, restorative tonic among the likes of wild Chinese Ginseng, wild Deer Antler, and Astragalus. However, unlike warming tonics ands adaptogens which can weaken and exacerbate, Shilin Stone Forest Black Ants have a neutral-to-cooling effect, providing long lasting restorative, tonic, adaptogenic effects.*
Our Shilin Stone Forest Black Ants are wild-harvested. We combine them at a 1:1 ratio of completely RAW (crushed and powdered) ants with a clinical grade 10:1 Black Ant extract. This ensures both the concentrated tonic effects in the extracts and the restorative nutrients in the RAW.
Black Ants are one of the only herbs known to nourish the three treasures (Shen, Qi, and Jing), working with the body on a profound and strengthening nutritive level and on a restorative tonic level.
Each Pouch Contains:
- 1.5 grams of Black Ants (Polyrhachis vicina Roger) per serving;
- Each serving contains:
- RAW Black Ants (powdered) (750 milligrams);
- Black Ant Extract (10:1 Extract) (750 milligrams);
- 43 servings.
- A restorative, premiere three treasures tonic—Shen, Qi, and Jing;
- Well known to restore vitality and sexual vigor;
- Wild-Harvested Polyrhachis vicina Roger;
- RAW, living nutrients combined with a clinical grade extract;
- Packaged in our domestic, FDA cGMP certified organic facility;
- From RAW Forest Foods, the leaders in pro-androgenic and tonic herbs.
Our Shilin Stone Forest Black Ants can be found as part of the following product guides:
What You’ll Find Inside
Each package of our Shilin Stone Forest Wild-Harvested Black Ants contains 65 grams of our unique 1:1 blend of crushed and pulverized, RAW Black Ants, that are combined with our clinical grade, potent 10:1 Black Ant extract.
All our packaging is food grade, and the unique designs found on each individual product are produced and inspired by the ingredients they contain. The outer opaque package helps to keep the product fresh and to product it against UV damage, and the inner pouch makes the product easy to use. All packaging is done domestically in our FDA cGMP facility.
Chinese Medicine and Black Ants
Traditionally, Black Ants are known as Xuanju (Black Horse). In Chinese Medicine (the classics and TCM), black ants (Polyrhachis vicina Roger) are used primarily as a Jing tonic that nourishes all three treasures: Jing, Qi, and Shen.
The medicinal application of Black Ants (Xuanju) was widely used throughout ancient China. In fact, numerous imperial records illustrate their use by emperors and noblemen, where they used the ants for their longevity benefits and to increase sexual power. During Zhou dynasty (11th century BC-256 BC), Emperors and noblemen would consume the larvae of the ants as a sign of respect and reverence to the deities.
Revered as "The King of Herbs"
In the classic Chinese medicine text the Ben Cao Gang Mu, written by Li Shi Zhen during the Ming Dynasty, the tonic use of ants is regarded to as “The Herb of Kings.” Black Ants (Polyrhachis vicina Roger) are considered to be among the elite, superior tonics, sitting beside Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), Chinese Ginseng (Panax ginseng), Deer Antler Velvet (Cervis nippon), and Astragalus (Astragalus membrainus).
Black ants are an especially unique tonic that is especially suited for modernity. The following characteristics define Black Ants as a truly unique and important tonic, especially for those feeling worn-out and over-worked:
- Simultaneously nourishes as three treasures: Jing, Qi, and Shen;
- Tonifies both Yin and Yang;
- Black Ants are not warming, as are many other tonic herbs (such as Chinese Ginseng and Maca Root), which can lead to further “burn-out.”
Properties of Yin Jing
- Rejuvenating, nourishing energy considered to be the cornerstone of longevity;
- Considered to be the reserves of energy that is accumulated/saved for future need;
- Nourish endocrine hormones.
Properties of Yang Jing
In comparison to Yin, Yang Jing can be seen as the steady utilization and manifestation of Yin Jing. Yang is the fire burning from the Yin.
- Sexual energy;
Both Yin and Yang Jing is quickly depleted through stress (including physical, mental, emotional, and/or spiritual), overwork, pregnancy and birth, recreational and prescription drug use and the use of stimulants like caffeine, disease, and excess sex.
Symptoms of Low Jing
Poor Jing (both Yin and Yang) can manifest with increased susceptibility to disease and infection, bags and/or dark rings under the eyes, back-aches, poor digestion, poor, kidney function, and poor reproductive function.
Black Ants Nutritional Overview
- Amino acids (28 total, including all 8 essential amino acids);
- Protein (47-63%)
- Vitamin B1;
- Vitamin B2;
- Vitamin B12;
- Vitamin C;
- Vitamin D;
- Vitamin E;
For more information on the nutritional composition of Black Ants (Polyrhachis vicina Roger), please view the journal article, Nutritional composition of Polyrhachis vicina Roger (Edible Chinese black ant), by researchers Shen (et all).
Other Bioactive Compounds
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), a potent anti-oxidant;
- Adenosine triphosphate (ATP), intercellular energy support;
- Novel aldehyde compounds shown have a stronger tonic effect than ginseng;
- Polyrhacitide A, a bicyclic polyketide lactone;
- Polyrhacitide B, a bicyclic polyketide lactone.
- Formic acid.
Scientific Research into Red Ants
In practice, Black Ants and Red Ants are considered by many to be interchangeable (although we find Black Ants to be more appropriate for the West because they are cooling in nature.).
Research has been done into the medicinal value of Red Ants, including investigations into the following:
- Anti-inflammatory effects;
- Adaptogenic (modulating) immune properties;
- Relieving asthma;
- Pro liver health;
- Benefits for rheumatoid arthritis (RA);
- Improving zinc deficiency.*
Research has also looked at the ability of Red Ants to improve upon premature aging.*
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Red Ants are used to improve:
- Physical health;
- Bone Health;
- Sexual Health;
- Immune Health.*
Additionally, they are indicated for use in cases of cancer, chronic hepatitis, sciatica, tuberculosis, impotence, premature ejaculation and nocturnal emission, gray hair, and iron deficient anemia.*
Our Shilin Stone Forest Black Ants are not farmed. They are wild-harvested deep in the forest, using traditional methods that preserve the local, native habitat and ecology, as well as providing an important revue source for the indigenous people of the region.
Further Resources and Works Referenced
- Insects boost immune system (BBC News);
- The effects of Polyrhachis vicina on immunoregulation in mice;
- The treatment of intrauterine growth retardation with ant polyrhachis vicina roger;
As a dietary supplement, adults use 1.5 grams (roughly 1/2 teaspoon) daily. As with all dietary supplements, please consult a qualified health care practitioner prior to use.
No fillers. No drying agents. Never irradiated. This product is GMO free.
The extracts in this product are ready to use, and need only to be combined with warm water for use as a tea. At RAW Forest Foods, we like to take all our powdered extracts by simply adding the powder to a few ounces of warm water, giving them a quick stir to thoroughly dissolve the powder, and to drink in one or two large sips. Learn more about using all our products here.
Store this product, and all RAW Forest Foods products, in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight and moisture. Try and use in a timely manner after opening the package.
For those customers who prefer to rotate their pro-androgenic and tonic herbs, we suggest a schedule of five days on and two days off, or four weeks on and one week off.
Before starting any new medicinal herbs or nutritional supplements (from our company or otherwise), customers should consult with their qualified health care practitioner. This not because we question the safety of our products, but because we believe in the strength of our products and that plants have a medicinal, therapeutic potential.
This product is not for use by those under the age of 18, who are pregnant or nursing, or who are allergic or adverse to any of the ingredients contained within.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please view our full Terms and Conditions.
Has made a nice addition to the morning maté. I love that this is a fifty fifty RAW ant to ant extract ratio. You can see little shards here and there of maybe antennae or legs perhaps, but it mixes very smooth. Has a strong scent too. Seems fresh. And what you may expect raw ground ants to smell like. Taste is earthy and not at all bad in my tastes. Gives me solid energy throughout the day. Noticed the libido increase as well. Great product.