Restore the Yang Eucommia and Deer Antler Velvet
Clinical Grade 10:1 Concentrated Extracts
Elwha River contains equal parts Eucommia Bark (Eucommia ulmoides) and Deer Antler Velvet (Cervus nippon Temminck)—both as clinical grade, 10:1 concentrated powdered extracts.
These historical adaptogenic, tonic herbs are venerated for their restorative effects, particularly promoting vitality, longevity, and male reproductive health.* While similar in nature, Eucommia and Deer Antler Velvet are distinctly different herbs, complementary in nature and working synergistically in effect. Elwha River is part of our Forest Formulations collection of products.
This formula is for those seeking a strong, supportive Yang restorative.
Elwha River contains equal parts of:
- Eucommia Bark (Du Zhong) (Cortex Eucommia ulmoides);
- Deer Antler Velvet (Cervus nippon Temminck).
- Our Forest Formulations are developed by professional herbalists;
- Made from organic or ecologically grown and harvested products whenever possible;
- Processed and Packaged in a domestic FDA cGMP facility;
- All packaging is food grade and produced with minimal waste;
- From RAW Forest Foods, the leaders in adaptogenic, tonic, and pro-androgenic herbs.
View our Elwha River Restore the Yang quick facts PDF (Coming soon).
Intended Uses and Product Guides
Our Elwha River Restore the Yang formula can be found categorized as part of the following Product Guides collections:
What You'll Find Inside
Each package contains 65 grams of our Elwha River Restore the Yang formula. At 2 grams per serving, there are 32.5 servings per package.
At RAW Forest Foods, all of our packagings is food grade, and the outside and inside pouches of this product are resealable.
The opaque color of the outside pouch helps to block UV light and prevent degradation of the product. The artwork on this pouch was produced specifically for—and inspired by—this product.
We package this item (as we do all our items), in a certified organic, FDA cGMP facility right here in the US.
Clinical Grade 10:1 Concentrated Extracts
The ingredients in this formula are produced using industry standard methods, where the whole, raw herbs are concentrated by decoction and spray dried. It takes ten times the amount of raw ingredients to produce just one part of the final product. Each 65 gram package contains the equivalent of 1.433 pounds of whole, raw herbs. These are clinical grade 10:1 concentrated extracts.
The Formula and Its Ingredients
Eucommia (Du Zhong)
Latin: Cortex Eucommia ulmoides
In Chinese Medicine, Eucommia is known as Du Zhong and is used as a powerful Yang tonic. While warm in nature, Euommia is not as warming as other popular Yang tonics, and as such may be a better choice for many drawn to its restorative effects. The use of Eucommia as a tonic herb dates back several thousands of years.
Within Chinese medicine, Eucommia is used to treat soreness in the lower back knees (both seen symptoms of Yang deficiency), as well as impotence and frequent urination.*
Roughly 112 different compounds have been identified in Eucommia ulmoides, including flavonoids, polysaccharides, lignans (Eucommide-A and Eucommides-C), iridoids, phenolics, and phyto-steroids and terpenoids. Eucommia also contains amino acids, micro-elements, vitamins, and fatty acids.
Within contemporary research, Eucommia has been researched for (see works referenced below):
- Aiding the Cardiovascular System;
- Its antioxidant activity;
- Antibacterial, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties;
- Neuroprotective effects;
- Metabolic modulation and bone health;
- Androgenic properties;
- Liver health (hepatoprotective).*
Deer Antler Velvet (Lu Rong)
Latin: Cervus nippon Temminck
Deer Antler Velvet is among the hariest restorative tonics—and for good reason. With a long range of usage indications and effects, Deer Antler Velvet has a known usage dating back over 1000 years.
In Chinese medicine, Deer Antler Velvet is known as Lu Rong, and is used for the following actions:
- Tonify Kidney Yang;
- Tonify the Governing Vessel (The Du), which governs—or manages—the Yang meridians of the body;
- Strengthens the tendons and bones;
- Supports essence (Jing / Yuan Qi) and blood.*
Deer Antler Velvet (Lu Rong) is used within Chinese medicine for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Intolerance to cold and cold extremities;
- Seminal emissions;
- Frequent urination;
- Fatigue due to Kidney Yang deficiency;
- Weakness in the lower back (lumbar region) and knees;
- Weakness in the tendons and bones;
- And other conditions.*
- Anti‐ageing active ingredients from herbs and nutraceuticals used in traditional Chinese medicine: pharmacological mechanisms and implications for drug discovery;
- Bioactive components of velvet antlers and their pharmacological properties.
- Health-Promoting Properties of Eucommia ulmoides: A Review
- The Du (Governing Vessel) and Why It's Important
- Cornu cervi pantotrichum supplementation improves physiological adaptions during intensive endurance training
Elwha River Restore the Yang
Suggested use is 2 grams, taken as needed. Dosage may be broken up throughout the day into two servings: 1 gram in the morning (taken first thing, 30 minutes before eating) and 1 gram in the afternoon (taken on an empty stomach).
In each 65 gram pouch, there are 32.5 servings.
Extracted at a 10:1 concentration, each serving contains an equivalent of 20 grams of whole, raw herbs per serving.
At RAW Forest Foods, we like to take our powdered extract in approximately 6 ounces of warm water, taken on an empty stomach.
Store this product, and all RAW Forest Foods products, in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight and moisture. Try and use in a timely manner after opening the package.
For those customers who prefer to rotate their pro-androgenic and tonic herbs, we suggest a schedule of five days on and two days off, or four weeks on and one week off.
We have worked hard to offer Elwha River to you, using clinical grade 10:1 concentrated extracts, as part of our complete line of products. Elwha River is made professionally starting with whole, raw herbs, with final packaging done in domestic, FDA cGMP facility.
Before starting any new medicinal herbs or nutritional supplements (from our company or otherwise), customers should consult with their qualified healthcare practitioner. This not because we question the safety of our products, but because we believe in the strength of our products and that plants have a medicinal, therapeutic potential.
This product is not for use by those under the age of 18, who are pregnant or nursing, or who are allergic or adverse to any of the ingredients contained within.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please view our full Terms and Conditions.