Chaga Extract Powder » Fruiting Body » Wild-harvested » Ready to Use
- Primary Ingredient:
- Chaga Extract (Fruiting Body)
- Gluten Free, Fruiting Body Extracts, Made in the USA, Non-GMO, Ready to Use, UV Protected, Vegan
- Pouch Contents:
- 70 Grams
- Servings per Container:
- Product Guides:
- Female Friendly, Regenerative Nutrition, Tonics & Adaptogens
Arctic Bear Wild Siberian Chaga Extract Powder
High Efficacy Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) Extract Powder — Prepared and Ready to Use
What You Need To Know
- Wild-harvested in the Arctic, home of the strongest Chaga;
- Broad-spectrum, dual stage water and alcohol extraction preserves all medicinal polysaccharides and triterpenes;
- Standardized to 30% polysaccharides;
- RAW Chaga is indigestible and unavailable to the body—ours correctly prepared and ready-to-use;
- We have a long working relationship with our source for Chaga. Our Chaga is purchased from the wild-harvesters and processed in FDA cGMP compliant facilities (which we visit and inspect);
- Supports the immune system, modulating a correct immune response;
- Historically and currently used as an anti-tumor agent;
- Feeds and restores endocrine health. *
What Our Customers Think:
"I've been feeling intuitive like my body has needed Chaga for quite some time now and I've always hesitated because the other brands on the market that I've considered buying just haven't felt right for some reason. I bought this for myself recently and felt so incredible even after the first cup (I have it before bed with hot tea). It just feels "right" and I look forward to how it makes me feel daily. I don't have any particular health issues that I bought it for, I've just been very drawn to it I suppose for things going on inside I may not be aware of. I was worried about the taste, but it tastes amazing and mixes into tea perfectly! Highly recommended!" — Amanda
Our Quick Rundown on Chaga
The truth is that we're still not completely sure what it is that we like most about Chaga.
Chaga has one of the highest ORAC ratings know. ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, and it is the test used to determine how strong of an antioxidant something is. Chaga is off the charts.
Oxidation is the rust that forms in our bodies and ages us. You want antioxidants.
Maybe that's what we like so much about Chaga?
Chaga is a strong anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is the root of many common diseases—especially modern diseases—and is even known to drive depression and cancer. In Chinese medicine, we would call inflammation Heat. Pestilent and pathogenic Heat. And Chaga clears this Heat. It is strongly anti-inflammatory.
It could be that. It could be it's anti-inflammatory properties that we like the most.
But...Chaga also nourishes and supports the immune system. It is an immune system modulator, which means that it can help calm down and correct an overactive immune system, such is the case in auto-immune disorders, and it can ramp up a sluggish immune system.
This is because Chaga is rich in polysaccharides and triterpenes—the food of the immune system (and our dual-stage water and alcohol extraction method preserves these). Chaga has also been shown to have possible anti-tumor properties.
So is it the effects that Chaga has on the immune system that places it at the top?
I guess we should also mention the reports that Chaga appears to greatly benefit the skin, smoothing wrinkles. Yeah, we definitely should mention that, because it is pretty profound watch the clock turn back on your face and know that that is a reflection of what is occurring internally.
There is a vast amount of traditional use and reporting behind Chaga, and while Chaga has not been part of the written Chinese herbal pharmacopeias, Chaga has been used by indigenous populations since time immemorial for improving health and wellness and healing tumors and endocrine disorders.
But the reality is that we love Chaga for all of the reasons above—and more.
Chaga is not a strict tonic or adaptogenic herb (although you may see it referred to as such), like Reishi Mushroom, Pine Pollen, or Astragalus Root.
But Chaga is an incredibly valuable medicinal mushroom, one that should be added daily for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune supporting properties.
Chaga also tastes great, containing the compound vanillin (which give the vanilla its vanilla flavor). If you're a hot beverage in the morning kind of person (tea, coffee, whatever), add a half teaspoon to a full teaspoon each morning to your favorite brew. You'll feel—you'll see—the difference.
Chaga is a profound medicinal.
Is this the right product for you?
We actually think so. We think everyone can benefit from Chaga. Our bodies are increasingly inundated with oxidative stress, we're becoming more and more inflamed, autoimmune disorders are widespread.
And this is what Chaga speaks to. It's know as "The Diamond in the Forest." And maybe—and we think definitely—it possesses a little bit of that Wisdom of the Forest that we need in these times of uncertainty.
Chaga. It speaks to us here at RAW Forest Foods. And we're certain that it's going to speak to you.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Chaga?
Wild Siberian Chaga Extract Powder May Support:
- Increased energy and adrenal function;
- Rich source of B-vitamins;
- Healthy immune and endocrine function;
- Powerful adaptogenic-like properties;
- Promote healthy skin and reduced wrinkles;
- Alleged longevity properties, mostly likely due to the high ORAC rating of Chaga;
- Managing pain and swelling caused by osteoarthritis, sports injuries, rheumatoid arthritis, and other conditions of inflammation;
- Healthy kidney function (possibly benefits for gout);
- One of the highest levels of antioxidants (ORAC Value);
- Possible anti-cancer, anti-viral, anti-protozoa, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory functions. *
Taking a Deep Dive With Chaga
Arctic Bear Wild Siberian Chaga Extract Powder
Our Read-to-use, High Efficacy Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) Extract Powder Known by the Siberians as “The Gift from God” and “Mushroom of Immortality,” Chaga has been used by humans for several centuries to support health.
Although it was largely unknown in modern medicine and to most people outside the cold regions until much later, it is renowned for its potent medicinal properties. It has traditionally been prepared and used to enhance the immune system for its strong anti-tumor effects and to help fight infections, as well as, being used to regenerate the endocrine system.
In traditional herbal medicine, Chaga was used primarily as a tonic to strengthen the body and to combat disease and infection.
Chaga is an ideal herb for those looking for an adaptogen-type medicinal mushroom to help with immune system support and liver detoxification.
Key Benefits of Wild Siberian Chaga Extract Powder
Unlike raw, unextracted Chaga, this extract is entirely digestible and ready to be used with a high degree of absolute bioavailability. With our extract, the indigestible cell walls of the mushroom are broken down to release all beneficial substances, concentrated in a ready-to-use form.
Make Sure You Can Digest It
This is one of our biggest pet-peeves around the RAW Forest Foods office: The amount of people selling and promoting RAW, unextracted mushrooms.
You see, mushrooms are not plants and they are not animals, and unless you prepare them correctly, they are indigestible by the human body. That's because their cell walls are made of something called chitin (very similar to the exoskeletons of crustaceans like lobsters and crabs).
So when you take a raw, unpressed wild-mushroom like Chaga, at best you will receive no benefit, and at the worst, you can receive severe gastrointestinal distress.
This is actually why a lot of people think wild-mushrooms are poisonous, because they eat them when they're not prepared correctly and can end up vomiting them all out. But it's not because they're poisonous (although some are), it is simply because we cannot digest their cell walls.
The Extraction Matters
Our Chaga is a dual-stage hydro-ethanol powdered extract, standardized to contain 30% polysaccharides.
Only the double-stage hydro-ethanol protocol offers the most significant effects from Chaga, since one of its most potent compounds, betulinic acid, is only extracted with this method. Sourcing Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) is a parasite fungus that mainly grows on birch trees in cold regions. It requires extreme winter freezing effects.
This also means that our Chaga is totally ready-to-use. You'll receive all the benefits present in it, and all you have to do is add it to water (or however you'll choose to use it). Easy peasy.
Chaga: The Source Matters and You Should Care
The strongest Chaga grows in forests above the Arctic Circle. Our Chaga is harvested in ideal growing conditions, from regions affected by the harshest winters, to ensure Chaga 's highest quality and efficiency.
Betulinic acid, one of the most potent compounds found in Chaga, is present in larger concentrations in colder regions. Our Chaga is ecologically harvested in Siberia.
Where Else Will You Find Chaga?
We currently have two products with Chaga: This one—our pure Chaga Extract Powder—and our incredibly popular Twelve Rivers MycoMedic Formula.
Twelve Rivers is the ideal formula for those looking to add a broad spectrum mushroom formula to their daily routines, gaining anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune supporting benefits. Like all of our mushroom extracts, Twelve Rivers is a prepared product, so all you have to do us add it to hot water to use it.
Where to Buy Chaga Extract Powder?
RAW Forest Foods offers bulk, 70 gram pouches of Chaga Extract Powder, with 35 servings (2 grams per serving) per pouch. As with all of our products, we source our ingredients as close to the produces—farms and forests—as possible, visiting sites and meeting with growers, wild-harvesters, and processors.
Wild Siberian Chaga Extract Powder
½ tsp, taken twice daily or as directed, preferably on an empty stomach. Recommended, once in the morning and in the evening.
Our favorite way to consume this product is by combining it with 4-6 ounces of warm or hot water on an empty stomach.
A cool, dry place, away from sunlight and moisture.
Herb cycling schedules can be beneficial when healing. If you prefer to rotate your pro-androgenic and tonic herbs, we suggest a schedule of five days on and two days off, or four weeks on and one week off.
Wild Siberian Chaga Extract Powder Testing Certificate of Analysis (CofA)
Before starting any new medicinal herbs or nutritional supplements (from our company or otherwise), customers should consult with their qualified healthcare practitioner. This not because we question the safety of our products, but because we believe in the strength of our products and that plants have a medicinal, therapeutic potential.
This product is not for use by those under the age of 18, who are pregnant or nursing, or who are allergic or adverse to any of the ingredients contained within.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Please consult our full Terms and Conditions for more information.
- A comparative study of analytical methods for alkali-soluble β-glucan in medicinal mushroom, Chaga (Inonotus obliquus);
- Chaga – The Facts;
- Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) induces G0/G1 arrest and apoptosis in human hepatoma HepG2 cells;
- Chaga Mushroom (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center);
- Discovery of betulinic acid as a selective inhibitor of human melanoma that functions by induction of apoptosis;
- Inhibitory and Acceleratory Effects of Inonotus obliquus on Tyrosinase Activity and Melanin Formation in B16 Melanoma Cells;
- Inonotus obliquus derived polysaccharide inhibits the migration and invasion of human non-small cell lung carcinoma cells via suppression of MMP-2 and MMP-9;
- Inonotus obliquus (Wikipedia);
- King Chaga: Ruler Of The Land;
- Oxidative stress response of Inonotus obliquus induced by hydrogen peroxide;
- Prevention of Inonotus obliquus polysaccharides for high power microwave radiation induced testicular injury in rats: an experimental research;
- Selective cytotoxicity of betulinic acid on tumor cell lines, but not on normal cells;
- Stimulated production of steroids in Inonotus obliquus by host factors from birch;
- The Healing Powers of Wild Chaga, Price-Pottenger Journal;
- The History of Chaga in Herbal Medicine.
I've been feeling intuitive like my body has needed Chaga for quite some time now and I've always hesitated because the other brands on the market that I've considered buying just haven't felt right for some reason. I bought this for myself recently and felt so incredible even after the first cup (I have it before bed with hot tea). It just feels "right" and I look forward to how it makes me feel daily. I don't have any particular health issues that I bought it for, I've just been very drawn to it I suppose for things going on inside I may not be aware of.
I was worried about the taste, but it tastes amazing and mixes into tea perfectly! Highly recommended!
In my short term experience in the last month of using this product I have found it to keep my immune system strong and keep me from getting sick during extreme workload schedule.
Less joint pain and allover health has improved. Will keep ordering from Raw Forest Foods.