Twelve Rivers MycoMedic Formula
Containing Select, Clinical Grade Extracts
A Single Source, Comprehensive Medicinal Mushroom Formula
Named after the twelve energy (Qi) meridians of the body (as understood in Chinese medicine), we developed the Twelve Rivers MycoMedic Formula for those that want to gain the wide, far-reaching benefits of medicinal mushrooms and fungi from a single, comprehensive product. Twelve Rivers MycoMedic is made using potent, clinical grade extracts, crafted into a comprehensive and substantial medicinal mushroom formula that celebrates and synergizes each of the included eight medicinal fungi.
This formula is intended to offer both short and long term benefits as a tonic adaptogenic formula and as an immune system potentiator (modulating and not merely stimulating).*
Twelve Rivers contains standardized extracts of wild harvested, ecologically cultivated, and/or certified organically grown:
- Chaga Extract (Inonotus obliquus) (30% polysaccharides);
- Cordyceps Extract (Cordyceps sinensis) (30% polysaccharides);
- Fu Ling Extract (Poria cocos) (30% polysaccharides);
- Hen-of-the-Woods (Maitake) Extract (Grifola frondosa) (30% polysaccharides);
- Reishi Extract (Ganoderma lucidum) (30% polysaccharides);
- Royal Sun Agaricus Extract (Agaricus blazei murill) (30% polysaccharides);
- Turkey Tail Extract (Trametes versicolor) (30% polysaccharides);
- Willow Bracket Extract (Phellinus igniarius) (30% polysaccharides).
This formula has been professionally created for the RAW Forest Foods customer. It is a proprietary formula, custom blended from the finest certified organic medicinal mushrooms and packaged in our FDA cGMP compliant facility, surrounded by pastoral, certified organic fields of medicinal herbs. Because our customers deserve the best.
What Others Are Saying
"Love the flavor, rich and delicious... HEALTHY most of all!" — Blanche-Marie
Twelve Rivers MycoMedic can be found in the following Product Collections
An Overview of the Formula
The Twelve Rivers MycoMedic Formula offers a foundational approach to wellness: Targeting rejuvenated strength combined with a more peaceful and relaxed mental state, deeper, more restful sleep, and a better performing immune system and improved resistance to disease.* Twelve Rivers supports the entire body, assisting with energy and vitality, the immune system to help fight disease and stress, and at the same time affecting both the mental and spiritual well-being.*
Among all the organisms on this planet, some of the most fascinating ones are the mushrooms and other fungi. Fungi are neither plants nor animals, sharing characteristics of both, yet having many novel characteristics not present in either plant nor animal. Mushrooms have developed stunning abilities of biochemical synthesis, being able to create and 'manufacture' a wide variety of substances serving a multitude of purposes—many of which are just being discovered, with powerful potential to positively affect human health.
Twelve Rivers MycoMedic blends eight different medicinal mushrooms, all of which have proven benefits, combining and amplifying their single effects to provide new benefits and advantages. The formula has been carefully and professionally crafted in order to provide long-lasting benefits, most of all the immune system, and act as a powerful adaptogen to holistically improve wellness.*
Twelve Rivers contains professional grade, standardized extracts (UV tested to contain 30% polysaccharides) of:
- Chaga (Inonotus obliquus);
- Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis);
- Fu Ling (Poria cocos);
- Hen-of-the-Woods, aka Maitake (Grifola frondosa);
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum);
- Royal Sun Agaricus (Agaricus blazei murill);
- Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor);
- Willow Bracket (Phellinus igniarius).
Twelve Rivers MycoMedic uses only certified organically cultivated or ecologically wild crafted mushrooms and fungi.
The mushrooms contained within our now product have each been individually described and noted for their beneficial health effects, in traditional medicine as well as modern science.
Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis), Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), Fu Ling (Poria cocos), and Willow Bracket (Phellinus igniarius) are well known adaptogens used for millennia in Classical Chinese Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), by the indigenous North Americans, and by others. They have been used as tonics to fortify and strengthen the body, to relieve fatigue and to reduce the levels of stress as well as enhance the immune system and provide protection against diseases.
Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor), Hen-of-the-Woods, which is also commonly known as Maitake (Grifola frondosa), Royal Sun Agaricus (Agaricus blazei murill), and Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) have also been used historically and traditionally by many cultures, and their effects have been recently proven through scientific research and academia. They have the ability to stimulate and recover the immune system; acting in many cases as immune system modulators, meaning they stimulate an under-active immune system and help to reign in an overactive immune system.* These mushrooms have also been shown to be useful for the prevention of cancer and tumors, often are as an adjunct therapy for cancer, being used alongside allopathic cancer treatments (chemotherapy).*
Each of the mushrooms included, in-of-itself, are have their own unique benefits and active compounds (including polysaccharides). Together, we constructed a formula to highlight the individual ingredients while also synergizing them, for an overall effect that is greater than the sum of its individual parts. So while the individual base benefits remain as part of the formula, the formula also provides additional benefits not present in any of the ingredients singularly.
Why Use Medicinal Mushrooms and Fungi
Mushrooms have been used by humans since time immemorial, in many traditional medicine systems, to heal, help and strengthen the body, mind and spirit. In Chinese, native-American and European traditional medicines, mushrooms have been present as healing and strengthening tonics throughout history, as they are somewhere valued as food of the gods and spirits, representing longevity, health, and spiritual well-being.
Today's scientific research and academic community have started focusing on the healing and health-promoting abilities of fungi, and many research projects and experiments and clinical trials are being conducted into the beneficial effects fungi can have on human health. Most research focuses on the abilities of the fungi to boost and enhance the immune system, fight cancer and tumors and as adaptogens, showing abilities to balance the complex biochemical processes of the body and promote general health and well-being.
If you are looking to buy medicinal mushrooms, RAW Forest Foods strives to be the most authentic and reliable source, providing verified and tested mushroom-based products, aimed at improving your health and well-being. We offer individual mushroom extracts as well as our new, all comprising 'Twelve Rivers' formula providing combined effects of 8 different types of medicinal mushrooms.
The Importance of Immune System Health (Why Activating Immune Health Matters)
The immune system is one of the most important and most complex systems in the body. It has multiple functions, mostly revolving around protecting your body from various forms of harm. The immune system protects you from pathogenic bacteria and viruses by destroying them and not allowing them to gain a foothold and cause disease. It reacts to any damage done to the body by starting the inflammation process, which is meant to clear out any possible threats. It also clears out the waste made by other cells in the body and helps clear out dying and non-functional cells. Another important function of the immune system is in dealing with oxidative stress by destroying free radicals which cause damage to the cells and DNA, potentially causing cancer and mutation.
The immune system can be damaged and dysfunctional in many ways. Stress, the modern lifestyle, food, toxins from the environment and various diseases can damage the immune system's ability to defend the body and keep up its normal functions. A hypoactive immune system is an immune system that has reduced activity and a lower potential to defend against threats. Such an immune system is generally weaker and more fragile, and more diseases and pathogens have a chance to infect you. Such an immune system benefits from a substance with the ability to increase immune functions. On the other hand, a hyperactive immune system is equally as bad. A hyperactive immune system overreacts to stimulus from the outside causing such things as allergies, eczema, swellings, and inflammations. It can also start attacking the cells of its own body leading to auto-immune disorders. A hyperactive immune system can be calmed down by using immune-suppressing substances.
The immune system has several components and 'parts'. One of the most prevalent differentiation is between the innate immune system and the adaptive immune system. The innate immune system provides the first line of defense and is always active in defending the body. The adaptive immune system is built up during the normal lifespan, and it is the secondary line of defense targeting specific pathogens. It is less active during times of good health and becomes engaged when there is a disease it has to fight.
Immune-modulating substances are those substances that change the immune system in some way. The adaptogenic abilities of some substances cause the immune system to become more optimized and increase its adaptive functions, leading to a faster recovery. Immuno-potentiating substances increase the functions of the immune system and help fight off infections and disease.
Most all medicinal mushrooms contain some immune-modulating substances. They change and affect the immune system in positive ways through several mechanisms, thereby boosting several aspects and functions of the immune system.
Many medicinal mushrooms possess tonic qualities, meaning they have a general immune-enhancing ability. Some also possess the ability to suppress certain functions of the immune system that can be hyperactive. And some change the immune system is specific ways, giving it more adaptability or new functions. We make use of those abilities by combining medicinal mushrooms in new and specific ways carefully researched by our experts to provide the best possible immune-modulating abilities offered by medicinal mushrooms to our clients.
The Individual Ingredients of Twelve Rivers MycoMedic
Chaga (Inonotus obliquus)
UV Standardized to Contain 30% Polysaccharides
Ecologically Wild-Crafted in the Siberian Artic
Description and Overview: Chaga is a potent mushroom used in traditional forms medicine and has the backing of modern research. Chaga is a powerful tonic to strengthen the immune system, fight diseases and cancer, as well as help, support the health of the liver and kidneys.* Research has shown it to be effective as a boost to the immune system, potential anti-aging agent, a powerful antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic abilities as well as help detoxify the body.*
Contemporary Uses of Chaga:
- Used by herbalists as a tonic to slow the effects of aging, removing wrinkles, helping regeneration and boosting vitality to extend life;
- Used as a supplement for its strong antioxidant ability, preventing damage to tissues as well as the forming of cancer;
- Used to help treat certain immune system disorders because it reduces inflammation, supporting the healthy and normal functioning of the immune system;
- Used for detoxification within the health food community, to help heal and clear out kidneys.*
Traditional Uses of Chaga: Amongst the indigenous and traditional people of Siberia and Russia, Chaga is the most renowned medicinal plant or fungi. Traditionally, Chaga was prepared and used to enhance the immune system, for its strong anti-tumor effects, helping fight infections and for its use to regenerate the endocrine system. In traditional medicine, it was used primarily as a tonic to strengthen the body and allow it to battle disease and infection.
Contemporary Scientific Research of Chaga: Research has found that in addition to the unique compounds found in Chaga, Chaga contains some of the highest levels of superoxide dismutase (SOD). SOD is a naturally occurring enzyme which is used within the health food community to remove wrinkles, rebuild tissue, and extend the length of life.* In the clinical setting, SOD is used for treating pain and swelling (inflammation) caused by osteoarthritis, sports injuries, and rheumatoid arthritis.* Additionally, SOD is used in healing the kidneys from kidney disease; for clearing gout; and for treating cancer.*
In addition to SOD, Chaga has been shown to have one of the highest levels of antioxidants known (second only to clove bud essential oil), as measured by Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC). Research papers containing information about the benefits of Chaga can be found at the end of this article.
Historical Relevancy of Chaga: Known by the Siberians as the “Gift from God” and the “Mushroom of Immortality,” this strange tree growth has been used by humans to support health for a number of centuries. The Japanese call it “The Diamond of the Forest,” while the Chinese deem it “King of Plants.” Chaga was largely unknown in modern medicine and to most people outside of the cold regions until much later. Russian literature Nobel Prize laureate Alexandr Solzhenitsyn wrote two pages on the medicinal use and value of chaga in his autobiographical novel, based on his experiences in a hospital in Tashkent.
Ecological and botanical information of Chaga: Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) is a parasitic fungus which grows primarily on birch trees living in colder regions. Chaga requires the freezing effects of extreme winter. The strongest Chaga grows in forests above the arctic circle, which is where RAW Forest Foods' Chaga is harvested in its wild state. The Chaga we use is harvested in the most ideal conditions, from regions affected by the harshest winters in order to assure Chaga of the highest quality and efficacy. One of the most potent compounds found in Chaga, betulinic acid, is formed in the mushroom by extracting its precursor from the bark of birch trees, and is found in larger concentrations in colder regions.
Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis)
UV Standardized to Contain 30% Polysaccharides
Certified Organically Grown
Description and Overview: Cordyceps acts both as a powerful aphrodisiac and libido enhancer as well as strengthening the immune system in several ways, at the same time strengthening some functions and suppressing others, thereby leading to an optimization and regulation of the immune system to induce the most optimal levels needed for protection.*
Contemporary Uses of Cordyceps:
- Used to boost vitality and libido as a supplement;
- Used worldwide as a powerful aphrodisiac;
- Used in western medicine as an effective immune-modulator; helps adjust the immune system to healthy functions.*
Traditional Uses of Cordyceps: The traditional use of Cordyceps was as a libido enhancer as well as an aphrodisiac in ancient Tibetan and Chinese medicine and as a wellness and longevity tonic. Due to the extreme rareness of wild Cordyceps, until very recently its use has been severely limited within Chinese medicine.
Contemporary Scientific Research on Cordyceps: Recent studies show Cordyceps to be able to increase certain testosterone related functions as well as affect the dilation of blood vessels, thereby boosting the libido as well as erection.*
Studies done on mice have shown the Cordyceps fungi to be effective in reducing fatigue and helping regain vitality. They seem to reduce the time needed to rest and recover after physical activity.* Additionally, Cordyceps help reduce the negative effects of stress on other organs, mostly the liver, spleen and the adrenal glands.*
Mitigating Stress and Fatigue Effects of Cordyceps: With an exception for research done into kidney and liver patients (for kidney transplants and in cases of chronic hepatitis), must of the scientific research done into Cordyceps have been done in vitro and in vivo. This has been done in order to isolate and understand the method of action (MOA) that Cordyceps have upon the immune system and in better understanding the measurable anti-fatigue effect that Cordyceps awards its users. For instance, using a hot water extract of Cordyceps mycelium (less active than the extract used in the Twelve Rivers formula), the level of fatigue in rat models were tested, and those rats who have been administered the extract (150-300mg/kg) showed a 12.5% increase in resistance to fatigue. This is a huge increase in endurance. Furthermore, an intake of 150mg per kilogram of body weight over a 7 day period (using a hot water extract), demonstrated a reduction in biochemical markers of stress, a reduction in cholesterol (which is elevated in times of stress), and a lessening of organ wasting (another marker of stress), with improvements in spleen, adrenal, and liver weight. This provides evidence of the stress mitigating/reducing effects of Cordyceps upon the body.
Immunomodulating Effects of Cordyceps: Cordyceps (and other mushrooms) offer an immune-modulation effect upon the immune system. It is bidirectional and intelligently works not to stimulate or to dampen, but to improve and regulate. Evidence shows that Cordyceps will stipulate when and where stimulation is needed, they will dampen when and where dampening is needed, and they will fortify across the board.*
Sexual and Reproductive Enhancement Effects of Cordyceps: Cordyceps appear to promote sexual health and function in men through two separate actions. Firstly, Cordyceps improves testosterone activity by promoting testosterone release through the cAMP signal pathway.* Increased testosterone leading to improved sperm production and quality in the sertoli (nurse) cells of the testes. It improves sexual functioning and performance, improved libido and increased sexual activity. All of which has been noted in research into Cordyceps.* Mouse models using hot water extracts of Cordyceps has demonstrated improved testosterone levels, improved sperm quality, and improved libido and sexual functioning.* Additionally, Cordyceps have been shown to have a vaso-dilating / vaso-relaxant effect in the body, which improved the production of nitric oxide (not unlike how the drug Viagra works in the body).* This benefits the health of the cardiovascular system and promotes healthy erection in men and thus improved sexual functioning (Drewes, George, and Khan 2003).*
Historical Relevancy of Cordyceps: Cordyceps has a long history of use in traditional medicine. One of the earliest clear records is a Tibetan medical text authored by Zurkhar Nyamnyi Dorje in the 15th century outlining the tonic propensities of Yartsa gunbu, especially as an aphrodisiac. It has also been used in Traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years.
Botanical information of Cordyceps: Wild Cordyceps fungi, in a major difference from most other fungi used by humans, is a direct-animal parasite; it grows out of the bodies of infected insects. Twelve Rivers uses a cultivated Cordyceps.
Fu Ling (Wolfiporia extensa / Poria cocos)
UV Standardized to Contain 30% Polysaccharides
Description and Overview:
The Fu Ling mushroom has a potent immune-modulating effect, helping the immune system on several levels; strengthening the body's defense, while at the same time optimizing certain aspects of the immune system, such as inflammations, as well as having antibacterial qualities of its own.* Research also indicates it might be helpful in treating diabetes and in helping to regulate body weight.*
Contemporary Uses of Fu Ling:
- Used to help strengthen the body's immune system, increasing the functions that help fight both external infections and internal problems;
- Recommended in the health food community to regulate blood sugar, preventing and treating diabetes as well as helping regulate body weight;
- Used as supplemental medicine for its potent antibacterial properties, helping defend the body further;
- Can be used medically to lower inflammation and help the immune system function properly.*
Traditional Uses of Fu Ling: Poria (Fu Ling) has been used in Chinese and Japanese medicine for “draining dampness,” and to treat insomnia, balance electrolytes, and to invigorate the Spleen (as an organ within Chinese Medicine, known to be associated with aging).
Contemporary Scientific Research of Fu Ling:
- Anti-inflammatory Actions of Fu Ling: Triterpene carboxylic acids and derivatives in poria extract inhibited induced mouse ear edema, paw edema, and other edemas, as well as long-term inflammation and dermatitis in mice. Pachymic and dehydrotumulosic acids inhibited phospholipase A2 in snake venom, showing potential as anti-inflammatory agents.*
- Fu Ling and Modulating the Immune System: Additional clinical tests done on humans show that it has an ability to reduce contact dermatitis and calm an overactive immune system. Both triterpene and polysaccharide fractions of poria demonstrated anticancer actions in laboratory experiments.*
- Anti-Cancer Actions of Fu Ling: Extracts have been tested on many human cancer cell lines, and shown effective in helping treat several kinds of cancer including leukemia and melanoma, as well as lung, prostate, ovarian, stomach, pancreatic, breast, and skin cancers.*
- An enhanced immune activity of mice spleen and thymus has been reported with administration of poria extracts, meaning it can boost the specific immunity of the spleen and liver, which are very important to overall health.*
- Blood Sugar Regulation: In mice with induced diabetes, the methanol extract of poria improved insulin sensitivity, with a resultant decrease in blood glucose that has been attributed to some triterpenoids, showing potential activity against diabetes.*
- Antibacterial Properties Fu Ling Poria extracts have shown an antibacterial quality, having the ability to kill certain pathogens on its own. This means that it does not only enhance the immune system but also kills pathogens on its own.*
Historical Relevancy of Fu Ling: Poria has been known as “the medicine of immortality” and is widely used in Asia, with approximately 10% of medicinal preparations in the 2000 Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China containing Fu Ling.*
Botanical Information of Fu Ling: Fu Ling is a wood-decay fungus but has an underground growth habit. It is notable in the development of a large, long-lasting underground body that resembles a small coconut.
Hen-of-the-Woods, aka Maitake (Grifola frondosa)
UV Standardized to Contain 30% Polysaccharides
Certified Organically Grown
Description and Overview: Maitake helps increase the potency of the immune system as well as having the ability to influence the metabolism in several useful ways, among them the ability to regulate blood pressure, glucose, insulin, and both serum and liver lipids, such as cholesterol, triglycerides, and phospholipids, and may also be useful for weight loss.*
Contemporary uses of Maitake:
- Used as a supplement to regulate many of the body's metabolic functions, like blood cholesterol, blood glucose, triglycerides, and phospholipids;
- Recommended by some nutritionists to maintain a healthy body weight;
- Can be used as a supplement to help prevent and fight cancer;
- When used regularly it increases the potency of the immune system as a whole.*
Traditional uses of Maitake: The Hen-of-the-Woods mushroom, or Maitake as it is called in traditional medicine, is a potent immune-modulating mushroom that has been used since ancient times. For thousands of years, Asian healers have used certain edible mushrooms in tonics, soups, teas, prepared foods, and herbal formulas to promote health and long life--Maitake is one of the most prized and revered.
Contemporary Scientific Research on Maitake: The Maitake mushroom is being studied for multiple beneficial effects, and has shown great promise as a medicinal supplement. Researchers have indicated that whole Maitake has the ability to regulate blood pressure, glucose, insulin, and both serum and liver lipids, such as cholesterol, triglycerides, and phospholipids, and may also be useful for weight loss.*
The data shows its great potential to boost the immune system. A human trial, conducted by Memorial Sloan–Kettering Cancer Center, showed Maitake could stimulate the immune systems of breast cancer patients. Small experiments with human cancer patients have shown Maitake can stimulate immune system cells, like NK cells, which kill cancer cells. Likewise, in vitro research has also shown Maitake can stimulate immune system cells and boost the potency of the immune system as a whole. An in vivo experiment showed that Maitake could stimulate both the innate immune system and the adaptive immune system. Research has also shown Maitake has a hypoglycemic effect, and may be beneficial for the management of diabetes. The reason Maitake lowers blood sugar is because the mushroom naturally contains an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor, helping the body's natural glucose regulating systems.*
Maitake is also rich in minerals (such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium), various vitamins (B2, D2, and niacin), fibers and amino acids.
Historical Relevancy of Maitake: Maitake has been used in Eastern Traditional medicine for thousands of years. The Japanese word “Maitake” means “dancing mushroom” because people in ancient times were said to dance for joy when they found these mushrooms, which were literally worth their weight in silver.
Botanical Information of Maitake: Grifola frondosa grows in clusters at the base of trees, particularly oaks. The mushroom is commonly known among English speakers as Hen-of-the-Woods, Ram's Head and Sheep's Head, because of its white-ish gray bushy appearance.
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
UV Standardized to Contain 30% Polysaccharides
Certified Organically Grown
Description and Overview: The Reishi mushroom has a very potent effect on the body; it revitalizes, reenergizes, restores the immune system to its most potent functions, protects the body against cancer and aging, helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure and has a mental and spiritual effect, promoting relaxation with increased awareness.*
Contemporary uses of Reishi:
- Used to restore and revitalizes the body;
- Used as a supplement to help the immune system in several ways; boosting its functions and helping it fight disease;
- As a strong antioxidant, preventing damage to tissues as well as the forming of cancer;
- Used by the health community to help clear the body of toxins by helping detoxify the kidneys and liver;
- Recommended for helping treat high levels of cholesterol and high blood pressure.*
Traditional uses of Reishi: Reishi is used in Chinese Traditional Medicine to promote longevity, general health, and help develop spiritual awareness and wellbeing.
Contemporary Scientific Research on Reishi: Over 400 medicinal compounds have been identified in Reishi, including those which vastly improve immune function, helping even those with autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis and with impaired immune systems such as HIV, with cancer and tumors, as well as many other potential uses.*
Possessing a powerful adaptogenic effect, Reishi energizes, harmonizes, and is a deep restorative tonic.*
Reishi mushroom has been proven to contain several chemicals which act as powerful antioxidants, fighting free radicals and blocking their activity, helping maintain the integrity of DNA in this way.
Chemicals in Reishi mushroom serve as an additional boost to the metal chelating processes of the body, helping to clear out toxins and supporting the liver.*
Deeply rejuvenating and regulating of the immune system; the specific peptides and chemicals within the reishi mushroom act as a powerful boost to the immune system and allow it to perform more important functions, like fighting infections.*
Reishi mushroom has been shown to be potentially able to positively influence high blood pressure by affecting the kidneys.* Some of the substances found in these mushroom may be able to help lower blood cholesterol.*
Additionally, Reishi has a mental and spiritual effect, promoting relaxation with increased awareness.*
Allergies, Safety, Contraindications, and Drug Interactions
At RAW Forest Foods, we take pride on the quality of our products, and we select individual ingredients in part because we consider them to be very safe, but we cannot make any claims as to how an individual will respond to our products. Humans are unique creatures. We take herbs and herbal medicine seriously and consider them to be serious medicine on par with pharmaceutical drugs. As such, we want every customer to research products and ingredients independently, using sites like Google Scholar and PubMed.
We also encourage people to speak with their primary care practitioner before starting any new supplement regimen (purchased from our company or elsewhere) or other lifestyle change; this is particularly true for those taking any prescription drug(s), have any pre-existing medical condition, or who are pregnant, thinking about becoming pregnant, or are nursing. We do not intend for any of our products to be used by those under 18 years of age or who are pregnant or nursing. Additionally, please be aware of any allergies you may have to any ingredients in our products.
- Antitumor and anti-inflammatory activities of polysaccharides isolated from Ganoderma lucidum
- Antitumor and antimetastatic effects on liver of triterpenoid fractions of Ganoderma lucidum: mechanism of action and isolation of an active substance.
- Anti-tumor and immunoregulatory activities of Ganoderma lucidum and its possible mechanisms
- Clinical characteristics of gynecologic cancer patients who respond to salvage treatment with Lingzhi
- Ganoderma – a therapeutic fungal biofactory
- Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) in cancer treatment
- Ganoderma lucidum exerts anti-tumor effects on ovarian cancer cells
- Ganoderma lucidum extract induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in MCF-7 human breast cancer cell
- Ganoderma lucidum stimulates NK cell cytotoxicity
- Ganoderma lucidum: a potent pharmacological macrofungus
- Immuno-modulatory activity of Ganoderma lucidum-derived polysacharide on human monocytoid dendritic cells pulsed with Der p 1 allergen
- Inhibitive effect on apoptosis in splenic lymphocytes of mice pretreated with lingzhi (Ganoderma lucidum) spores
- Natural products of the medicinal fungus Ganoderma lucidum: Occurrence, biological activities, and pharmacological functions
- Novel Antioxidant Peptides from Fermented Mushroom Ganoderma lucidum
- Randomized clinical trial of an ethanol extract of Ganoderma lucidum in men with lower urinary tract symptoms
- Reishi (Lingzhi), Wikipedia
- Reishi Mushroom (WebMD) uses, interactions, side effects and doseage
- Reishi mushroom cited effects
- Structural and immunological studies of a major polysaccharide from spores of Ganoderma lucidum (Fr.) Karst
- A comparative study of analytical methods for alkali-soluble β-glucan in medicinal mushroom, Chaga (Inonotus obliquus)
- Chaga – The Facts
- Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) induces G0/G1 arrest and apoptosis in human hepatoma HepG2 cells
- Chaga Mushroom (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- Discovery of betulinic acid as a selective inhibitor of human melanoma that functions by induction of apoptosis
- Inhibitory and Acceleratory Effects of Inonotus obliquus on Tyrosinase Activity and Melanin Formation in B16 Melanoma Cells
- Inonotus obliquus derived polysaccharide inhibits the migration and invasion of human non-small cell lung carcinoma cells via suppression of MMP-2 and MMP-9
- Inonotus obliquus (Wikipedia)
- King Chaga: Ruler Of The Land
- Oxidative stress response of Inonotus obliquus induced by hydrogen peroxide
- Prevention of Inonotus obliquus polysaccharides for high power microwave radiation induced testicular injury in rats: an experimental research
- Selective cytotoxicity of betulinic acid on tumor cell lines, but not on normal cells
- Stimulated production of steroids in Inonotus obliquus by host factors from birch
- The Healing Powers of Wild Chaga, Price-Pottenger Journal
- The History of Chaga in Herbal Medicine
Twelve Rivers Mycomedic Formula
Serving size is 2 grams, taken twice daily or as directed, preferably on an empty stomach. Once in the morning and once in the evening.
Other Ingredients: None.
In each 65 gram pouch, there are approximately 32.5 servings of Twelve Rivers Mycomedic Formula.
At RAW Forest Foods, we like to take our powdered extracts in 4-6 ounces of warm water, and consumed on an empty stomach.
This product is vegan/vegetarian.
Store this product, and all RAW Forest Foods products, in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight and moisture. Try and use in a timely manner after opening the package.
For those customers who prefer to rotate their pro-androgenic and tonic herbs, we suggest a schedule of five days on and two days off, or four weeks on and one week off.
Before starting any new medicinal herbs or nutritional supplements (from our company or otherwise), customers should consult with their qualified healthcare practitioner. This not because we question the safety of our products, but because we believe in the strength of our products and that plants have a medicinal, therapeutic potential.
This product is not for use by those under the age of 18, who are pregnant or nursing, or who are allergic or adverse to any of the ingredients contained within.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please view our full Terms and Conditions.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This goes in my Capomo (Mayan Nut) coffee alternative with coconut milk....love the flavor, rich and delicious....HEALTHY most of all!