Elwha River Deer Antler—Fortified with extracts of Eucommia ulmoides—Offers a Restorative Yang Tonic
- Endocrine (hormonal) system health;
- Sexual and reproductive health in men and women.*
Elwha River Deer Antler—Fortified with extracts of Eucommia ulmoides—Is:
- Made with pure, ethically harvested Deer Antler Velvet;
- Contains broad spectrum Eucommia ulmoides extract (10:1), and
- Standardized Eucommia ulmoides (25% Chlorogenic Acid);
- Expertly prepared and ready to Use: Just mix with warm water (or other beverage) and drink;
- Produced domestically in the US in a certified organic, FDA cGMP compliant facility.
UPDATE: In our quest of providing you with products of the highest quality and highest integrity, the product now contains both the broad spectrum Eucommia ulmoides extract powder that it always has, but it now combined with an extract standardized to contain 25% Chlorogenic Acid.
Elwha River Deer Antler remains a 1:1 formula of select Deer Antler Velvet and Eucommia ulmoides extract.
The price of this product has gone up roughly 6%. With the increase in potency comes an increase in our costs to produce it. We have minimized the impact of this increase as much as possible.
Elwha River is for those individuals in search of a strong, supportive Yang restorative. Through its complementary and synergistic properties of Deer Antler Velvet and Eucommia Bark, Elwha River promotes vitality, longevity, and reproductive health. This is a restorative Yang tonic of the highest accord.
These historical adaptogenic, tonic herbs are venerated for their restorative effects, particularly promoting vitality, longevity, and male reproductive health. The use of both Deer Antler Velvet and Eucommia Bark as tonic herbs dates back several thousands of years—and today both have been extensively researched in the scientific literature.
Elwha Rivers is an ideal formula for those in search of a Kidney Tonic that promotes vitality and longevity, particularly those experiencing loss of desire (including libido), sexual and reproductive function, and muscular skeletal issues.*
Deer Antler and Eucommia are less stimulating than other similarly classified adaptogenic herbs (such as Chinese Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, and Maca), making it a preferred Yang Tonic to sustainably promote vitality and longevity.
Excelling in Classical and Traditional Chinese Medicine
There is (unsurprising) overlap between the historical and current use of Deer Antler Velvet and Eucommia Bark in Chinese medicine and in that of the research literature of today.
Within Chinese medicine, these two herbs offer similar and synergistic benefits, which are elucidated in how the two are used (indicated) clinically (provided as reference, not diagnostic).
Deer Antler Velvet (Lu Rong)
- Kidney Yang Deficiency characterized by fatigue, cold extremities, weakness and soreness of the lower back, weakness and soreness of the knees, and frequent (ample and clear) urination;
- Impotence (in males) and infertility (in females);
- Jing and Blood Deficiency;
- Kidney Deficiency and Jing exhaustion characterized by fractures (as well as other skeletal issues);
- Qi and Blood Deficiency.*
Eucommia Bark (Du Zhong)
- Kidney and Liver Deficiency characterized by fatigue, weakness and soreness of the lower back, weakness and soreness of the knees, and frequent (ample and clear) urination; with a weak, sore or painful lower back and knees, and urinary frequency;
- Muscular (sinews) skeletal (bone) weakness;
- Reproductive and urinary issues, including impotence in men and threat of miscarriage in women.*
Behind the Name: Elwha River
The Olympia Peninsula—in Washington State—is home to the Elwha River, where it rushes northerly from its glacial source to empty into the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Drawing great inspiration from the restorative natural beauty—the vital life force—of the river and its surroundings, Elwha River became the namesake of this product.
Customer Reviews of Elwha River Deer Antler and Eucommia Extract
Great product. And while I feel any man of any age group will benefit. BUT for those of us who are 45yrs old and up, this is a MUST have. Everything it claims to do, so far the story, is TRUTH for me.
I feel like I have the internal power I did when I was young. I definitely will be buying this again.
Elwha River Key Benefits
The following is a coalescing of the two herbs in the formula as an overview of their phytotherapeutic use within Chinese medicine as well as within the scientific research:
Deer Antler may offer aid in support of or by:
- Promoting (Tonifying) Kidney Yang;
- Tonifies the Governing Vessel, which manages the Yang meridians of the body;
- Strengthening the tendons and bones;
- Restoring Jing (Essence) and building Blood;
- Frequent urination;
- Fatigue due to kidney Yang deficiency;
- Weakness in the lower back and knees;
- Weakness in the tendons and bones;
Eucommia Bark may offer aid in support of or by:
- The treatment of soreness in the lower back and knees;
- Frequent urination;
- Benefits cardiovascular health;
- Anti-inflammatory properties;
- Neuroprotective benefits;
- None health;
- Androgenic properties;
- Liver health (hepatoprotective).*
Sourcing and Formulation
As with every product from RAW Forest Foods, Elwha River is produced with ingredients chosen for their quality—not for their cost.
Sensitive to the ethical and environmental concerns of offering Deer Antler Velvet, we purchase from producers known for their humane treatment of the animals, harvesting naturally shed Deer Antler Velvet, minimizing any harm to the deer.
Both extracts of Eucommia are certified organic.
Elwha River is formulated with Deer Antler and Eucommia Bark at a 1:1, equal parts ratio:
- Deer Antler Velvet — Powdered; Select-harvested — 50% of formula.
- Eucommia Bark Extract — Full spectrum 10:1 extraction — 25% of formula.
- Eucommia Bark Extract — Standardized to contain 25% Chlorogenic Acid.
Where to Buy Elwha River Deer Antler and Eucommia Extract Powder?
RAW Forest Foods offers bulk, 70 gram pouches of Elwha River Deer Antler and Eucommia Extract Powder, with 35 servings (2 grams per serving) per pouch. As with all of our products, we source our ingredients as close to the producers—the farms and the forests—as possible, visiting sites and meeting with growers, wild-harvesters, and processors.
How to Use Elwha River Deer Antler and Eucommia Bark Extract Powder
To aid in supplementing and supporting longevity and reproductive health and function; promoting holistic and full-body health, wellness, vitality, and optimized aging.*
Suggested Usage is 2 grams (roughly 3/4 tsp.) 1 — 2 times daily, preferably on an empty stomach. As with all dietary supplements, please consult a qualified healthcare practitioner prior to use.
How to Use Our Powdered Extracts
Our favorite way to consume this product is by combining it with 4-6 ounces of warm or hot water and drinking it on an empty stomach. Learn more about using all of our products here.
CAUTION: Do not exceed recommended dose.
Not for use by those under the age of 18, who are pregnant or nursing, or who are allergic or averse to any of the ingredients contained within.
How to Use Tonic and Adaptogenic Herbs
Both herbs in this formula—Deer Antler Velvet and Eucommia—are adaptogenic and tonic, and so being, consistency and time are vital in receiving the full benefits of them.
Adaptogens and tonics are herbs which work with the body to produce change and adaptation. In fact, the root word in "adaptogen" is adapt. This type of change—this type of adaptation—requires dedication, consistency, and time, but it is also the most profound and the most beneficial.
Before evaluating the effectiveness of any adaptogen or tonic, we advocate a trial of between four and six weeks of daily use.
Similar to exercise, while a single workout is good for you and will most likely make you feel better, no real change will be seen without dedication, consistency, and time.
RAW Forest Foods offers a full 60 days refund policy on all products. This extended refund policy allows ample time for a customer to judge the effectiveness of these types of products.
And as the saying goes, "Give yourself enough time to be successful." And this applies to adaptogens, too.
Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use if safety seal is damaged or missing. Store at room temperature.
Herb cycling schedules can be beneficial when healing. If you prefer to rotate your adaptogenic, pro-androgenic, and tonic herbs, we suggest a schedule of five days on, and two days off, or four weeks on and one week off. *
All information provided by RAW Forest Foods, including throughout this website, is for educational purposes only and is not intended as—nor should be misconstrued as—any type of recommendation, medical diagnosis, treatment, cure, or advice.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Customers are advised to consult with their qualified healthcare practitioner before undergoing any lifestyle changes, including the use of dietary or nutritional supplements.
Products offered by RAW Forest Foods are not for use by those that are pregnant or nursing, children under the age of 18, individuals with a known medical condition, or those allergic or averse to any of the ingredients contained within them.
For additional information, consult our full Terms and Conditions.
View our Elwha River Deer Antler Velvet quick facts PDF (Coming soon).
Anti‐ageing active ingredients from herbs and nutraceuticals used in traditional Chinese medicine: pharmacological mechanisms and implications for drug discovery;
Health-Promoting Properties of Eucommia ulmoides: A Review;
The Du (Governing Vessel) and Why It's Important;
Cornu cervi pantotrichum supplementation improves physiological adaptions during intensive endurance training.