Lost Desert Oasis Cistanche tubulosa Extract
✖ Clinical grade 10:1 concentrated extract
✖ Tonic and adaptogenic, with pro-androgenic and longevity properties
✖ A well balanced restorative Yang tonic
Cistanche tubulosa is a superior anti-aging food and strong sexual rejuvenator. Clinically validated as an aphrodisiac and in doubling testosterone production in in vivo testing. Strong age reversing effects on the skin and brain. In Chinese medicine, Cistanche extract is used as a premier tonic to nourish Kidney Jing, Essence, and Blood.
Clinical Research into Cistanche tubulosa has shown:
- Anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties;
- Improvement of brain function;
- Strong aphrodisiac and sexual health restoration;
- Significantly increases testosterone production;
- Increases vasodilation;
- Immune system modulator;
- Anti-fatigue properties and metabolism correction;
- Skin quality rejuvenation;
- Anti-oxidant properties 15 times greater than resveratrol.
What Others Are Saying
"[RAW] Forest Food products are top notch in quality. I can't recommend them enough. You will absolutely feel the effects, no placebo. I also like knowing their products are unadulterated, and organic, when possible." — Udo
"I've bought from a lot of different suppliers over the years, and in my opinion, [RAW] Forest [Foods] does a great job in providing high-quality products. I've been very pleased with the quality and results of the Cistanche. Like all your products, it smells, tastes and looks fresh, and the effects are potent. Great stuff, keep up the good work! And if you've never tried Cistanche, you should give it a shot. If it's good enough for Genghis Khan, it's good enough for you." — Jim
From the Package
Our Lost Desert Oasis Cistanche tubulosa Extract is crafted with select, wild-harvested Cistanche. In Chinese herbal medicine, Cistanche is considered a potent, well balanced Yang tonic.* Research into Cistanche tubulosa has shown it to contain high levels of Echinacoside (present in Echinacea), Acteoside (an antioxidant stronger than resveratrol), and Kankanoside (a vasodilator).* This is the Lost Desert Oasis.
Lost Desert Oasis Cistanche tubulosa can be found in the following Product Collections
Cistanche extract is technically classified as a Yang tonic for increasing Kidney Qi. It is a well-balanced adaptogenic herb which rejuvenates on several levels. Because of the classical use, the current scientific study, and our own personal experiences using Cistanche extract, we consider it to be a perfect Yang tonic.
In Mandarin, Cistanche is known as Rou Cong Rong and has long been a treasured Chinese herb to strengthen Kidneys, tonify Yang, and benefit Essence and Blood. Because of its deep rejuvenating properties, it is often referred to as "Desert Ginseng."
Cistanche tubulosa is in the same genus as Cistanche salsa; however Cistanche tubulosa has dramatically higher levels of the active compounds found in both plants, and Cistanche tubulosa is not an endangered species, as is Cistanche salsa.
Cistanche has demonstrated positive effects on the immune system, on the endocrine system, on the reproductive system, on the central nervous system (CNS) and brain, and on levels of hyaluronic acid in the body, the substance that keeps skin soft and supple and joints pain free and lubricated (and is thought to be the key dietary ingredient in the longevity of those in the Okinawa Prefecture in Japan).
Cistanche Extract Contains Several Identified Active Compounds, Including:
- Echinacoside (immune system tonic);
- Acteoside (antioxidant, 15 times stronger than resveratrol, 5 times stronger than Vitamin C);
- Kankanoside (vasodilator, increases circulation);
The RAW Forest Foods Difference
- Select wild-harvested Cistanche for optimum potency from remote desert regions;
- A professional grade powdered Cistanche extract that is ready to use;
- A ten times (10:1) concentration;
- No fillers, no drying agents, never irradiated. Our promise;
- Packaged and select manufactured in an FDA cGMP facility here in the US;
- From RAW Forest Foods, the premier and most trusted pro-androgenic herb company.
The Classical Uses in Chinese Medicine
Cistanche tubulosa has been used for centuries to nourish Yuan Qi and Jing of the Kidney while simultaneously promoting Essence and Blood. Through improved Kidney Qi and Jing, and improved Essence and Blood, it also brings moistness into the Large Intestine meridian. This has a cumulative effect of deep rejuvenation in the body.
The Kidney meridian governs the body's most important reservoir of essential energy, including the original prenatal energy (Yuan Qi) which forms the basis of life is stored in the Kidney organ-energy system, which is why the Kidneys are also known as the 'Root of Life', and the sexual and reproductive functions. The Kidney provides the body's prime source of sexual vitality, which the Chinese regard as a major indicator of health and immunity. The Kidney meridian is known as the 'Minister of Power.' Cistanche enriches and replenishes this energy.
The Large Intestine meridian governs the transformation of digestive wastes from liquid to solid state and transports the solids onwards and outwards for excretion through the rectum. The Large Intestine plays a major role in the balance and purity of bodily fluids and assists the lungs in controlling the skin's pores and perspiration.
The uses of Cistanche have evolved over nearly 2,000 years. Cistanche was described in the oldest surviving herb classic, Shennong Bencao Jing (ca. 100 A.D.), as follows:
Cistanche is salty. It mainly treats the five taxations and seven damages, supplements the center, eliminates cold and heat and pain in the penis, nourishes the five viscera, strengthens yin, and boosts Essence Qi. In females, it makes pregnancy possible and treats concretions and conglomerations. Protracted taking may make the body light.
Cistanche tubulosa is known as a rare Panax ginseng found in the Hotan region, an oasis in the Takla Makan Desert, in the sparsely populated Hsinchiang Uighur Autonomous region of northwestern China, southern Russia, and southern Mongolia. The extreme desert conditions of the Takla Makan Desert produce the perfect environment for a perfect Yang Tonic to grow in. It thrives with beautiful, vibrant flowers in an otherwise hostile environment, and prepares us to similarly thrive in an increasingly hostile world.
The Hotan region, an oasis in the Takla Makan Desert, has one of the four longest life expectancies in the world. This is the area where Cistanche tubulosa grows. The percentage of elderly people that live to be over one-hundred years old in this region is the highest in all of China, over three times that of Okinawa Prefecture in Japan which is famous for its peoples' longevity. Per 100,000 people, Okinawa has 51 people aged over 100 and Hotan has 183 such people. People of the Hotan region consume Cistanche tubulosa daily and this habit is believed to be the key to peoples' longevity in the region.
Scientific Rigor and Focus of Clinical Trials
The main emphasis in the clinical application of Cistanche extract is to scientifically validate the folk use of the plant as a potent anti-aging tonic and a strong yang tonic. Research has focused on several broad areas: anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties, improvement of brain function, aphrodisiac properties, immune system restoration, anti-fatigue and metabolism, and skin quality rejuvenation (which could fall under the auspices of anti-aging).
Studies show positive data in the following properties:
- Strengthen bowel movements. Based on the published research, Cistanche extract may significantly improve the speed of intestinal propulsion, shorten the bowel transit time, and can inhibit the large intestine’s absorption of water. As a result, Cistanche extract may moisten the feces and stimulate evacuation of feces, thus promoting healthy digestion and elimination.
- Enhance immune function. The polysaccharides, echinacosides, and other compounds found in Cistanche extract may have a significant impact on the formation and activity of human lymphocytes. Cistanche can increase the response of lymphocytes, and thereby enhance the body’s immune function.
- Promote healthy circulation and circulatory system. Cistanche helps protects the ischemic myocardium, can lower Blood lipid (fat) levels, help prevent atherosclerosis, reduce thrombosis, reduce peripheral vascular resistance, expand peripheral vessel, lower Blood pressure, protect the liver, and eliminate fatty liver. While not strictly anti-aging, as the heart and circulatory system diseases account for much of "normal human aging," It has strong anti-aging and longevity benefits due to its effect on the circulatory system.
- Ant-aging benefits. Cistanoside, one of the active compounds in Cistanche, is a potent and important anti-aging compound and is found only in Cistanche. Research into cistanoside has shown memory improvement, slowing the aging process of the pituitary gland, gonads, thymus and other parts of the human body.
- Libido in men and women. Several compounds present in Cistanche extract have been identified as promoting libido in both men and women. Cistanche contains acteoside, salidroside and other chemical ingredients that can effectively promote the function of the central nervous system, enhance the secretion of hormones, and release neurotransmitters, all positively aiding libido and sexual response.
- Nutrition and nourishment. Cistanche extract is rich in amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. The increased, concentrated nutrition, combined with Cistanche's positive effect on digestion, can greatly benefit health.
- Increase strength and athletic performance. Cistanche can enhance muscle glycogen stores (promoting performance), reduce post-exercise muscle protein degradation (protein harvesting leading to muscle loss), and increase mitochondria, leading to greater energy output and recovery. It also improves DNA and RNA synthesis, which both promotes healthy aging and enhance strength and relieve fatigue.
- Adaptogen and adaptogenic effects. Cistanche can activate adrenal gland, releasing hormones, and prompting the synthesis of DNA.
- Sexual rejuvenation and fertility. In Chinese medicine, Cistanche treats Kidney-deficiency amenorrhea. Several compounds in Cistanche are shown to assist in sexual rejuvenation and fertility, including alkaloids, crystalline neutral substance, amino acids, trace elements, vitamins and other ingredients.
- A premiere Yang and Jing tonic. As such, Cistanche can effectively prevent and treat Kidney-deficiency induced impotence, nocturnal emission, premature ejaculation, menstruation, amenorrhea, infertility and other diseases.
- Skin quality rejuvenation (this is highly important not just for cosmetic reasons, but because skin is your body’s barrier against environmental pathogens).
The Active Compounds
The main active constituents of Cistanche extract are phenylethanoid glycosides, including echinacoside and acteoside. Although echinacoside is known as the main component of the herb echinacea, Cistanche tubulosa contains a higher amount of echinacoside than any other plant (including Echinacea). Acteoside (a type of polyphenols) has extremely strong anti-oxidant properties--15 times stronger than resveratrol and 5 times stronger than vitamin C.
In addition to the active phenylethanoid glycosides, several other compounds have been identified in Cistanche tubulosa, including Kankanoside. These compounds, combined with echinacoside and acteoside, produce a vasodilating effect on the body (similar to the effect produced from high amounts of L-arginine or the effects from vasodilating pharmaceuticals). The major active constituents present in Cistanche tubulosa include 2-Acetylacteoside, Acteoside, Cistanoside A, Cistanoside C, Echinacoside, Isoacteoside, Tubuloside A.
A complete list of the identified medicinal compounds in Cistanche extract include:
- Cistanoside A, B, C, H;
- 2′-acetyl acteoside;
- 7 phenylethanoid glycoside compositions;
- 8-Epiloganic acid;
- N,N-Dimethylglycine Methyl Ester;
- Succinic acid;
- 15 different types of amino acids, including phenylalanine, leucine, isoleucine, lysine, and serine.
Comparison with Cistanche salsa
Cistanche salsa is a protected endangered plant under the CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) convention. While it continues to be a popular yang tonic, the effects of Cistanche salsa fail in comparison to Cistanche tubulosa. When looking at the active constituents of the two plants, Cistanche tubulosa outshines the salsa species.
Results of Clinical Trials:
Anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties:
In clinical trials, use of Cistanche tubulosa extract has been shown to increase free radical scavenging ability and enhance SOD activity. It has also been shown to prevent lipid peroxidation, the oxidative degradation of lipids by free-radicals.
Cistanche Extract and the Central Nervous System (Including the Brain):
Clinical trials have demonstrated specific improvement in brain function with the use of Cistanche tubulosa, including the improvement of learning and memory. Furthermore, use of Cistanche was shown to have anti-apoptosis activity (protect against programmed cell death of healthy cells), rescue human fibroblasts from damage, prevent aging of the brain, and increase the number of brain neurotransmitters. Several other studies demonstrate more neuro-protective and neuro-regenerative capabilities.
Cistanche Extract and Aphrodisiac and Sexual Health:
All species of Cistanche have been used historically, and are used today, to treat sexual dysfunction and increase sexual functioning. Several interesting studies have been conducted recently showing how it increased the libido and performance of stressed mice. This is of special importance to humans, who are increasingly suffering the effects of stress (emotional, environmental, economic) and how stress damages reproductive health. Additionally, the active constituents in Cistanche have a unique vaso-dilating effect, bringing more Blood into the male and female sex organs, producing greater states of sexual response.
Cistanche has also been shown to increase the production of testosterone and DHT, the active form of testosterone. In one study on mice, Cistanche tubulosa more than doubled the levels of testosterone as compared to the control group.
Cistanche Extract and Immune System Restoration:
Cistanche is best described as an immune system stimulant and has been shown to increase the number of lymphocytes, the cells that attack bacteria and viruses, after two-week use.
Cistanche tubulosa extract also has been reported to activate lymphoid cells and increase the killing rate for cancer cells.
Cistanche and Anti-fatigue Properties and Metabolism:
Cistanche has been shown to increase cholesterol metabolism and lipid metabolism. Cistanche tubulosa extract has been reported to have anti-fatigue activity with survival time under oxygen deficiency, survival time after the administration of sodium nitrite (toxic agent), and duration time in forced swimming as indexes.
Cistanche and Skin Quality Rejuvenation:
Use of Cistanche shows an inhibition of Hyaluronidase. Hyaluronidase is the enzyme which breaks down Hyaluronic Acid (HA), the liquid which keeps skin young and supple, and provides joints for their mobility. When Hyaluronic Acid is low, skin becomes dry and wrinkled, and joints lose their mobility. By inhibiting of Hyaluronidase, HA is kept active longer, and levels tend to increase. Low levels of HA are the cause of both the aging of the skin and the aging of the joints.
Furthermore, Cistanche has been shown to reverse sun damage, including previous sun damage, to the skin.
Botanical Illustration of Cistanche tubulosa
Cistanche Tubulosa Extract
Serving size is 2 grams, taken twice daily or as directed, preferably on an empty stomach. Once in the morning and once in the evening.
Other Ingredients: None.
In each 65 gram pouch, there are approximately 32.5 servings of Cistanche tubulosa Extract.
Extracted at a 10:1 concentration, each serving of powder contains an equivalent of 20 grams of fresh, raw herbs.
At RAW Forest Foods, we like to take our powdered extracts in 4-6 ounces of warm water, and consumed on an empty stomach.This product is vegan/vegetarian.
- (2E,6R)-8-Hydroxy-2,6-dimethyl-2-octenoic Acid, a Novel Anti-osteoporotic Monoterpene, Isolated from Cistanche salsa
- Cistanche deserticola decoction alleviates the testicular toxicity induced by hydroxyurea in male mice
- Phenylethanoid oligoglycosides and acylated oligosugars with vasorelaxant activity from Cistanche tubulosa
- Protective Effects of Echinacoside, One of the Phenylethanoid Glycosides, on H2 O2-Induced Cytotoxicity in PC12 Cells
- Studies on chemical constituents of Cistanche tubulosa (Schenk) R. Wight
- Testosterone generating and metabolizing enhancer (patent)
- The Hypocholesterolemic Effects of Cistanche tubulosa Extract, a Chinese Traditional Crude Medicine, in Mice
Store this product, and all RAW Forest Foods products, in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight and moisture. Try and use in a timely manner after opening the package.
For those customers who prefer to rotate their pro-androgenic and tonic herbs, we suggest a schedule of five days on and two days off, or four weeks on and one week off.
Before starting any new medicinal herbs or nutritional supplements (from our company or otherwise), customers should consult with their qualified healthcare practitioner. This not because we question the safety of our products, but because we believe in the strength of our products and that plants have a medicinal, therapeutic potential.
This product is not for use by those under the age of 18, who are pregnant or nursing, or who are allergic or adverse to any of the ingredients contained within.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please view our full Terms and Conditions.
RAW Forest Foods is committed to offering our customers the highest quality products, focused on tonic and pro-androgenic herbs, medicinal mushrooms, and nutraceuticals. Our Lost Desert Oasis Cistanche extract is of no exception.
18 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works well at expanding blood vessels and increasing blood flow. I can tell big difference whenever I run out. Wish RFF would offer in larger quantities. Taking 1/2 teaspoon twice daily.
I have been using this product for 2 weeks and immediately noticed on day 1 that it is high quality. I take this before my morning workout and it gives I have been using this product for two weeks just before my morning workout. I feel a burst of energy and I have more stamina. I am prone to kidney stones, but with use of this product which is a kidney tonic so far so good.
Raw Forest Food products are top notch in quality. I can't recommend them enough. You will absolutely feel the effects, no placebo. I also like knowing their products are unadulterated, and organic, when possible.
I have tried several other brands of Cistanche and much prefer this one. I recently read a study that this is very helpful for auto-immune problems and I have had CFS for 30 years. I feel much better taking this product along with Taproot and Pine Pollen Extract. Keep up the good work RAW Forest Foods!!
I've bought from a lot of different suppliers over the years, and in my opinion Raw Forest does a great job in providing high-quality products. I've been very pleased with the quality and results of the Cistanche. Like all your products, it smells, tastes and looks fresh, and the effects are potent. Great stuff, keep up the good work! And if you've never tried Cistanche, you should give it a shot. If it's good enough for Genghis Khan, it's good enough for you.
Making a tea with 1/2 tsp. Cistanche and 1 tsp. pine pollen powder. Drinking upon waking and when I get home from work. I'm a healthy 58 yr. old male and never had ED. However, T was kind of low (300's) and felt worn out most days and nights. Have been doing this for about a week and clearly have more energy and libido. Looking forward to next blood test...
Taking this product for "Immune senescence" in other words..to rejuvenate the ageing immune system! Happy so far!
Too bad they only give you half of your order.
Label says 43 teaspoon servings. Contains only 22 teaspoon servings. I have made two inquires regarding this matter and they refuse to even respond. If they don't respond I assume they are fully aware of the issue and don't care!!!
I've been taking CT on and off for about a year and half.
Only on and off because it is so powerful I don't find the need to take it
all the time. I take about 1/4 teaspoon 3 times a week.
I'm 52, pretty fit, eat well etc. and I must say that it is a very interesting herb.
I love how differently it has effected all of the reviewers.
One of the properties it has for me is too tighten and seriously enliven the skin.
And I already had great skin.
People have a hard time believing I'm not in my early 40's.
The herb can be a bit distracting in that i do wake up several times a night
with powerful woodies when I am taking it. Also the power felt during love making would make porn kings jealous, seriously- it imparts a natural Tantric empowerment to the delight of both partners, ha ha. Don't take it if you plan on not having a mate!
I could go on... One other very very import thing, no side effects!